Be Prepared to Close
The following is a basic, home-closing checklist of what a buyer/seller should bring to, or prepare for your closing:
- 24 hours prior to closing funds should be wired to Arrow Title Services, for the amount specified. BE CAUTIOUS when wiring! Always verify wiring instructions with our office before sending the funds.
- Personal checkbook, for any charges that may arise at the closing table.
- Valid Photo identification, such as a passport, driver’s license, or state-issued identification card. A secondary form of identification should also be available, such as a library card, insurance card or organizational membership card.
- If proof of a sale of your present home is required by your new lender, please bring the signed Settlement Statement and a copy of the Warranty Deed from your prior closing.
- You will want to contact all of your desired utility companies in advance, in order to have service set up for the date of your closing – e.g. HOA, Gas Company, Electrical Company, Cable/Internet, water/sewage/refuse, etc.
- If approval is needed from the HOA/Condo Association for the purchase of the home, the certificate of approval must be presented at the closing.
- Be sure to arrive on time for closing. Most closings typically take less than an hour but we always allow time for questions at the end.
- Valid Photo identification, such as a passport, driver’s license, or state-issued identification card.
- Keys, garage door opener(s), gate opener(s) or any key cards that may be needed to be provided to the Buyer.
- If married, your spouse may be required to attend the closing. Always check with the title agent.
- If you are having your proceeds wire transferred, please contact your bank for specific wiring instructions. Those instructions should include the wire routing number, the bank address and your specific account number. REMEMBER, the account that receives the money must match how title is taken to the property.
- Please contact all utility companies servicing your property to arrange for final readings and to close out the billing accounts set to stop the day after closing – HOA, Gas Company, Electrical Company, Cable/Internet, water/sewage/refuse, etc.”